- Ash Shams Ayah 1وَٱلشَّمْسِ وَضُحَـٰهَا ١ By the sun and its brightness,
- Ash Shams Ayah 2وَٱلْقَمَرِ إِذَا تَلَـٰهَا ٢ and the moon as it follows it,
- Ash Shams Ayah 3وَٱلنَّهَارِ إِذَا جَلَّـٰهَا ٣ and the day as it unveils it,
- Ash Shams Ayah 4وَٱلَّيْلِ إِذَا يَغْشَـٰهَا ٤ and the night as it conceals it!
- Ash Shams Ayah 5وَٱلسَّمَآءِ وَمَا بَنَـٰهَا ٥ And by heaven and ?the One? Who built it,
- Ash Shams Ayah 6وَٱلْأَرْضِ وَمَا طَحَـٰهَا ٦ and the earth and ?the One? Who spread it!
- Ash Shams Ayah 7وَنَفْسٍ وَمَا سَوَّٮٰهَا ٧ And by the soul and ?the One? Who fashioned it,
- Ash Shams Ayah 8فَأَلْهَمَهَا فُجُورَهَا وَتَقْوَٮٰهَا ٨ then with ?the knowledge of? right and wrong inspired it!
- Ash Shams Ayah 9قَدْ أَفْلَحَ مَن زَكَّـٰهَا ٩ Successful indeed is the one who purifies their soul,
- Ash Shams Ayah 10وَقَدْ خَابَ مَن دَسَّـٰهَا ١٠ and doomed is the one who corrupts it!
- Ash Shams Ayah 11كَذَّبَتْ ثَمُودُ بِطَغْوَٮٰهَآ ١١ Thamûd rejected ?the truth? out of arrogance,
- Ash Shams Ayah 12إِذِ ٱنۢبَعَثَ أَشْقَـٰهَا ١٢ when the most wicked of them was roused ?to kill the she-camel?.
- Ash Shams Ayah 13فَقَالَ لَهُمْ رَسُولُ ٱللَّهِ نَاقَةَ ٱللَّهِ وَسُقْيَـٰهَا ١٣ But the messenger of Allah warned them, “?Do not disturb? Allah’s camel and her ?turn to? drink!”
- Ash Shams Ayah 14فَكَذَّبُوهُ فَعَقَرُوهَا فَدَمْدَمَ عَلَيْهِمْ رَبُّهُم بِذَنۢبِهِمْ فَسَوَّٮٰهَا ١٤ Still they defied him and slaughtered her. So their Lord crushed them for their crime, levelling all to the ground.
- Ash Shams Ayah 15وَلَا يَخَافُ عُقْبَـٰهَا ١٥ He has no fear of consequences.
الشمس which is spelled Surah Ash Shams in english has meaning The Sun is placed at number 91 in the Quran. This surah that contains 15 number of ayah, started on page 595 & ends on page 595 in the Holy Quran.
الشمس is part of & given to prophet Muhammad as the number 26 in the order of Quran revelation.
Translator: The Clear Quran Dr. Mustafa Khattab Language: en-US